Establishing a WiFi connection on the road is one of the most frequent topics our listeners ask about. Whether you’re looking to accommodate your teenage child, or hoping to carry on with your work responsibilities from the road, a steady WiFi connection in your Recreational Vehicle (RV) is a common non-negotiable. Today, we speak with a phenomenal resource in the RV community, the Senior Director of Business Development at Winegard, Marvin Metzler, who manufactures and distributes their USA-made products to the RV Industry for a seamless network on the road. We dive into our episode with a summary of the history of Winegard and the work they do, before Marvin tells us what it means for an RV to be WiFi prepped. We talk a bit about the hardware that Winegard offers and the practicalities of the installation process. Next, Marvin tells us about the different services available and highlights Winegard as the only hardware provider that connects with all three major carriers. We talk about the difference between using mobile data and setting up your vehicle with hardware to accommodate connectivity. Marvin gives us his predictions for the future and closes with a word about how Winegard has successfully moved from a TV company to getting involved with all kinds of wireless devices. We hope you tune in for some practical tips from this inspiring leader in the field!
Sn. 2, #13 Connectivity on the Road with Marvin Metzler of Winegard
Recreational vehicles allow people the ability to travel the world, mile by mile while providing safe shelter and comfortable living quarters when destinations are reached. With so many manufacturers to choose from, William Miller is setting out to make Heartland RV’s be the choice that families go to in launching life’s journeys.
Willie invites you to join him on his journey with Heartland RV. Whether you are new to traveling the world one mile at a time, or you have raised a family with thousands of memories made at a campsite…this podcast is all about the people, journeys, and stories that are shared.
You will hear from the following guests on the Where’s Willie? Show:
- Celebrities that have unique stories to share on their own life journeys
- Entreprenuer/C-Suite executives sharing their company innovations that you could see on your next journey
- Current RV owners that can share advice, insight, and questions to help make your experience memorable
- Vacation destination hosts, resorts, dining, and more…. inviting you to visit on your life’s journeys.
“My goal of hosting this show is to share amazing stories of real people and real-life as they are traveling on their own life’s journeys. Every person has a story to share, from both professional experiences and personal.” —William Miller, Host of Where’s Willie?
In 2020, Willie became the National Brand Manager for Heartland RV and also became an Executive Leader with the prestigious C-Suite Network & C-Suite Radio Podcast host.
- Heartland RVs is an American manufacturer of recreational vehicles located in Elkhart, Indiana. Founded by former Damon Corp. CEO Brian Brady in 2003, it was purchased and became a subsidiary of Thor Industries in 2010. Heartland owns Cruiser RV and DRV Luxury Suites.
- C-Suite Network™ is the world’s most trusted network of C-Suite Leaders, with a focus on providing growth, development and networking opportunities for business executives with titles of Vice President and above from companies with annual revenues of $5 million or greater.
- C-Suite Radio is home to the fastest-growing business podcast network. Hosted by C-Suite leaders, thought leaders, and innovators, our shows take listeners on a thought-provoking journey to explore the challenges, successes, and failures of highly influential business people.
Follow the Wheres Willie Podcast on social:
- Twitter: @_whereswillie
- Instagram: @_whereswillie
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/williamjamesmiller
Learn more Heartland RV and companies:
Marvin Metzler is from the Elkhart, Ind. area and heads up the mobile division as the Senior Director of Business Development. He is responsible for the RV, truck, marine, and automotive markets. Marvin has an extensive background in these industries and is well-versed in product development (holds 6 patents) and distribution. No stranger to building things, Marvin has also built companies from the ground up. As a former president and CEO of MITO Corporation, he is familiar with strategies for increasing sales and growing companies.