Packing up your family and pursuing the dream of life on the road sounds close to impossible, but today’s guests, Luke and Mel Lahr have been full-time RV’ing for five years with four kids, a dog, and a cat. You may recognize them from Instagram, Facebook, or their own website Lahrs with Latitude. As a family who has always been honest about the realities of full-time RV’ing, today they open up about the challenges and the rewards of this kind of lifestyle. Tuning in you’ll hear what made them decide that this was the life they wanted to pursue, how Luke got a travel job to enable this dream, and how the discovery of Mel’s pregnancy with their fourth child postponed their original plans. Find out what ‘unschooling’ is, how their kids have learned so much more through their travels than they would have in a traditional school system, and how they have personally grown as a family throughout the process. While making drastic changes to pursue a dream like this sounds daunting, the Lahr family explains how they baby-stepped their way into it, and you can too! Luke even has some RV-lifestyle-compatible job ideas for you. For all this and more, tune in today!
Sn. 2, #14 The Lahr Family: Full-time RV’ing with Four Kids, a Dog, and a Cat
Recreational vehicles allow people the ability to travel the world, mile by mile while providing safe shelter and comfortable living quarters when destinations are reached. With so many manufacturers to choose from, William Miller is setting out to make Heartland RV’s be the choice that families go to in launching life’s journeys.
Willie invites you to join him on his journey with Heartland RV. Whether you are new to traveling the world one mile at a time, or you have raised a family with thousands of memories made at a campsite…this podcast is all about the people, journeys, and stories that are shared.
You will hear from the following guests on the Where’s Willie? Show:
- Celebrities that have unique stories to share on their own life journeys
- Entreprenuer/C-Suite executives sharing their company innovations that you could see on your next journey
- Current RV owners that can share advice, insight, and questions to help make your experience memorable
- Vacation destination hosts, resorts, dining, and more…. inviting you to visit on your life’s journeys.
“My goal of hosting this show is to share amazing stories of real people and real-life as they are traveling on their own life’s journeys. Every person has a story to share, from both professional experiences and personal.” —William Miller, Host of Where’s Willie?
In 2020, Willie became the National Brand Manager for Heartland RV and also became an Executive Leader with the prestigious C-Suite Network & C-Suite Radio Podcast host.
- Heartland RVs is an American manufacturer of recreational vehicles located in Elkhart, Indiana. Founded by former Damon Corp. CEO Brian Brady in 2003, it was purchased and became a subsidiary of Thor Industries in 2010. Heartland owns Cruiser RV and DRV Luxury Suites.
- C-Suite Network™ is the world’s most trusted network of C-Suite Leaders, with a focus on providing growth, development and networking opportunities for business executives with titles of Vice President and above from companies with annual revenues of $5 million or greater.
- C-Suite Radio is home to the fastest-growing business podcast network. Hosted by C-Suite leaders, thought leaders, and innovators, our shows take listeners on a thought-provoking journey to explore the challenges, successes, and failures of highly influential business people.
Follow the Wheres Willie Podcast on social:
- Twitter: @_whereswillie
- Instagram: @_whereswillie
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/williamjamesmiller
Learn more Heartland RV and companies:
Luke and Mel Lahr
We are a full-time travel family of six, with our oldest off to college now. We have been full-time RV’ing since the summer of 2016 when we realized the “American dream” wasn’t our dream anymore. We recently completed our second renovation on our 2015 Heartland Torque 380. We have been to 39 states and 26 National Parks with hopes of experiencing them all. We spend most of our time camping off-grid and having family adventures in nature with no end date in sight.
Our goal is to inspire families to get out and travel and experience the outdoors as a family, because we believe travel and nature are the best teachers.